Ooooh fabric. How I love you. As much as I adore quilt shops and have a desire to support them, the sweet ladies there usually don't appreciate me bringing 3 rambunctious little boys. So at this phase of life, I shop mostly online. Here are my favorite places to do so, in order of what I use most.
1. Fabric.com- This is where I go for Kona solids, Aurifil thread, beautiful backings by my favorites like Bonnie and Camille, Tasha Noel, and Carolina Gingham, as well as Riley Blake basics like ginghams and dots, and batting. Free shipping over $35, gotta love that. It does take a while to ship so plan ahead.
2. Etsy- Here are a few of my favorite shops. I value selection, price, and yardage options for each print, that way I can easily create my own fat quarter bundle.
- Starlit Quilts- My favorite! I have been turning to Starlit a lot lately. I love her selection, her colors and designers are just my cup of tea.
- Fresh Modern Fabric- I love their modern selection, and the orders come packaged to perfection. Seriously, I don't know how they fold and stack fabric SO perfectly. Also, I have to admit that I have a little crush on the owner's name- Alice Essinger. I mean how classy is that?
- Stitches n' Giggles- You can't beat the prices in this shop, and they have a wide selection of all my favorites.
- Simply Love Fabrics- I have vexed these poor ladies (mother/daughter duo) with complicated custom orders a time or two :) They have been very patient and helpful, and have even been known to sneak in cute little buttons and mints! Happy mail at its finest.
- Uberstitch- a very pretty selection and they are having a huge sale right now!
- Olie and Evie- carried all my faves
- Handmade is Heartmade- good prices and large, pretty selection
4. Shops with their own sites that I've used before:
- Lou Lou's- amazing daily deals!
- Fabric Bubb- gorgeous modern selection, and they carry every Kona color, I love that.
- Whimsy Quilts- Cristi and Desiree have some custom bundles that will knock your socks off. they both have a great eye. I think they are closing up shop soon and therefore having some great sales!
- Westwood Acres- lots of beautiful bundles in this shop, and I love her Carolina Gingham for backings.
Those places consist of 99% of my fabric shopping. I hope that is helpful to someone.
Where do you like to shop for fabric?